Are you itching to get behind the wheel of a Skoda Superb, but can’t decide between the sleek, cutting-edge 2023 model or the tried-and-true 2017 model? Don’t worry – you’re not alone! Plenty of buyers find themselves grappling with the age-old question, of whether to buy brand new or second-hand. In this Skoda Superb review, we’re going to break down the differences between these two fantastic large sedans, by comparing the features, benefits, and costs of both options. So buckle up, and get ready to explore which Skoda Superb model is best for you!
The Evolution of Skoda Superb: 2017 to 2023
The Skoda Superb has always offered generous space, unparalleled comfort, and jaw-dropping value for money. Skoda hasn’t been resting on its laurels, though. With each new model, the Superb has become even more… well, superb! The 2023 model brings a fresh, modern design, better performance, and efficiency, along with a boatload of upgraded features to stay ahead of the pack in the automotive world.
Key Features and Upgrades of the 2023 Skoda Superb
The new Skoda Superb is practically brimming with improvements and new features making it an exciting prospect for anyone looking for the latest and greatest in automotive technology. Some of these irresistible upgrades include:
1. Advanced safety features: with goodies like adaptive cruise control, lane-keep assist, autonomous emergency braking, and adaptive chassis control, the 2023 model has your back on the safety front.
2. Infotainment and connectivity upgrades: Sporting a larger touchscreen display, fitted with both wireless apple carplay and android auto, and a wireless charging pad, the 2023 Skoda Superb keeps you connected like never before.
3. Comfort and convenience enhancements: Enhanced interior materials, ambient lighting, and ergonomic seat designs make the 2023 model feel like a home away from home.
4. Performance and efficiency improvements: They’ve fine-tuned the engine lineup for the new Skoda Superb, delivering better fuel efficiency and a buttery smooth driving experience.
Key Features of the 2017 Skoda Superb
Despite being a few years older, the 2017 Skoda Superb still exudes luxury and sophistication. This feature-richness of the classic model continues to make it an attractive choice for those seeking a blend of elegance, comfort, and performance. Some notable highlights of the 2017 Skoda Superb include:
1. Spacious and comfortable interior: The 2017 Skoda Superb offers ample legroom, headroom and boot space, ensuring a comfortable journey for the driver and their passengers.
2. Advanced safety features: Even in the 2017 model, you can expect a range of safety features like front and rear parking sensors, blind spot detection, and rear cross-traffic alert to help you travel with confidence.
3. Smooth performance: Equipped with a choice of powerful and efficient engines, the 2017 Skoda Superb delivers a seamless driving experience that remains impressive even by today’s standards.
4. User-friendly infotainment system: The 2017 model features an intuitive infotainment system with smartphone integration, providing you with entertainment and connectivity options while on the road.
Pros and Cons of Buying a Brand New 2023 Skoda Superb
- Latest technology and features: The new Skoda Superb is like a technological treasure trove, ensuring you have access to the best the brand has to offer.
- Comprehensive warranty coverage: A new car typically comes with a manufacturer’s warranty, so you can drive away with peace of mind.
- Customization options: When purchasing a new car, you can pick and choose your favourite colours, trim levels, and additional features to create your perfect ride.
- Higher upfront cost: As with all new cars, they come with a heftier price tag than used models, which can put a dent in your budget.
- Faster depreciation: New cars lose value more rapidly, meaning you may see a more significant drop in value in the first few years of ownership.
Pros and Cons of Purchasing a Second-Hand 2017 Skoda Superb
- Lower upfront cost: A used car usually has a more wallet-friendly purchase price, making it easier to justify that weekend getaway you’ve been dreaming of.
- Slower depreciation: Second-hand cars lose value more slowly, allowing you to hold onto more of your hard-earned cash over time.
- Lower insurance premiums: Insurance rates for used cars are typically lower, reducing the overall cost of ownership in the long haul.
- Limited or no warranty coverage: A used car may have little to no remaining warranty, leaving you to shoulder any repair costs that pop up.
- Potential for higher maintenance and repair costs: With a used car, you might run into more wear and tear, which could lead to increased maintenance and repair expenses down the line.
Depreciation, Maintenance Costs, and Resale Value Comparison
When it comes to depreciation, the 2023 Skoda Superb will depreciate faster initially. And as the 2017 model has already experienced most of its significant depreciation, its value is likely to decrease more slowly. In terms of maintenance and repair costs, the 2023 model, being the new kid on the block, is likely to have lower expenses in the short term. On the flip side, the 2017 model’s affordability could balance out these costs. As for resale value, both models should maintain a reasonable resale value, with the 2017 model potentially offering better returns due to its slower depreciation rate.
Factors to Consider when Deciding Between a New or Used Skoda Superb
When choosing between a new or used Car Skoda Superb, ponder the following factors:
1. Budget constraints: Determine how much you’re willing to spend and choose the model that best aligns with your financial reality.
2. Warranty coverage preferences: If having warranty coverage is a deal-breaker, a new car may be your best bet.
3. Importance of the latest technology and features: If you’re a tech junkie who loves the newest gadgets, the 2023 model might be your dream come true.
4. Resale value considerations: If you plan to sell your car in the future, consider the potential resale value of each model.
5. Maintenance and repair cost tolerance: Take a moment to assess your willingness to handle potential maintenance and repair costs associated with a used car before making a decision.
Which One is Right For You?
Both the 2023 and 2017 Skoda Superb models have their own unique charms. The 2023 model dazzles with its latest features and technology, while the 2017 model offers a more affordable option, with slower depreciation. Ultimately, both options will give you a sense of luxury, but the perfect choice for you depends on your budget, preferences, and priorities.
So, what are you waiting for? Don’t solely rely on our Skoda Superb review, test drive both models today to discover which one suits you best. Visit City Skoda, Perth’s top Skoda Dealer, where our friendly experts are eager to help you make the best decision to suit your needs.